Submitting Your Application Form
A key part of your application is a form that captures information about you and your educational/professional background. NOTE: You can save and return to this form as many times as you need to prior to the deadline. In order to return to your application, you must click SAVE & RETURN. You will then be emailed a link that will remain effective for 30 days; use this link to resume your application. If you save & return you may be asked to upload your documents again. After you have completed your application and uploaded all the necessary documents, you must click SUBMIT.
Please note all applications that are fully submitted receive an email notification.
To ensure efficient notification, please make sure that emails from firstname.lastname@example.org are not being caught in your SPAM filter.
Uploading Required Documents
To complete your application, you will need to submit the following documents (PDF preferred, .doc also accepted) :
- CV or résumé
- Unofficial academic transcript from all colleges or universities that you have attended (required only for undergraduates, recent graduates, and graduate students).
- A statement of purpose: Describe the political questions you find most interesting, your future ambitions, and how these relate to your preferred program(s). (1,000 words or less)
- A writing sample (20 pages maximum, double-spaced)
- A headshot (.jpg preferred)
Please name these files using your last name and the type of document (e.g., Aristotle_resume.pdf or Aristotle_stmt.pdf).
Submitting Letters of Recommendation
You will submit the name(s) and contact information for recommender(s) who will be submitting letters on your behalf. Political Studies/Summer Course/Weekend Seminar applicants must submit a minimum of ONE academic or professional letter of recommendation. War Studies applicants should submit TWO letters.
Your letter(s) should be from someone familiar with your educational accomplishments (i.e., professor, academic advisor, etc.) or your public service activities or interests (i.e., ROTC cadre, work supervisor).
Letters can be submitted in one of three ways:
- You can upload your letter(s) with the application form
- Your recommender will be contacted upon the completion of your application using the contact information you provide
- You can provide the following link to your recommender where he/she can submit the letter directly: https://hertogfoundation.formstack.com/forms/lettersofrec