Submitting Your Application Form
A key part of your application is a form that captures information about you and your educational/professional background. (NOTE: You can save and return to this form as many times as you need to prior to the deadline.) In order to return to your application, you must click SAVE & RETURN. You will then be emailed a link that will remain effective for 30 days; use this link to resume your application. If you save & return you may be asked to upload your documents again. After you have completed your application and uploaded all the necessary documents, you must click SUBMIT.
Please note: all applications that are fully submitted receive an email notification confirming the submission.
To ensure efficient notification, please make sure that emails from firstname.lastname@example.org & email@example.com are not being caught in your SPAM filter.
Uploading Required Documents
To complete your application, all applicants will need to submit the following documents (PDF preferred, .doc also accepted):
- CV or Résumé
- A Headshot (.jpg preferred)
- Professional Writing Sample (5 pages maximum)
- Unofficial Academic Transcript from all colleges or universities that you have attended (For current undergraduates, graduate students & recent graduates)
For “Great Leaders, Great Biographies” applicants:
- Personal Statement (Why do you want to participate in this fellowship? Describe your background, your intellectual interests, and your future ambitions as they relate to the fellowship. 1,000 words or less)
For “Sino-American Tech Competition Fellowship”:
- Research Proposal (A statement of no more than 1,500 words outlining a research project on a specific area of U.S.-China technology competition)
If you are applying to both programs, please submit both the personal statement and research proposal.
Please name these files using your last name and the type of document (e.g., Kennan_resume.pdf or Kennan_headshot.jpg).
Applicants will be required to submit the names and contact information for two academic or professional references who can attest to your background and interests as they relate to the program.
References will not be asked to submit a letter of recommendation, but they may be contacted, at the discretion of Hertog Foundation staff, to provide further information about the applicant.